2 Silos Brewing Company Description
2 Silos Brewing Co. is a unique destination brewery operating on a 30 BBL brewhouse centered on the Farm Brew Live campus located in Prince William County, Virginia. It’s a place where history, agriculture, tourism, live entertainment, & craft beer converge. Our mission is to create incredible world class craft beer & customer experiences parallel to no other. In association with our sister-company Villagio Hospitality Group, 2 Silos Brewing Co. strives to become the East Coast’s next regional craft brewery.
Job Category: Kitchen Hospitality
Schedule: Full-time, open availability
Location: Prince William County
Job Summary/Goal of Kitchen Manager:
The Kitchen Manager shall be responsible for overseeing of all prepared foods, receiving of all goods and coordinates with Front of House Managers and General Manager to ensure consistent, and the highest level of food quality and sanitation. This position effectively and proactively monitors the daily functions of his/her Department. This includes executing events while working and communicating closely with FOH staff to ensure a successful and effective event resulting in a positive guest experience. This position is responsible for the development of his employees and all aspects of the food execution process. The Sous Chef is responsible for bi-weekly inventory, food ordering and receiving.
Education and Experience
- Must be 21+ years of age or older.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Experiences (2-4) years in the Culinary Arts Management or related professional field OR 2-year degree from an accredited university in Culinary Arts or related major
- at least 1-2 years in the Culinary Arts or related professional area required.
Full Time Management Position that requires full flexibility, including the ability to work weekends and holidays and a varied schedule. Must possess the following strengths; high energy, entrepreneurial spirit, motivational leader, effective communicator and team developer, innovative and creative while being detail oriented and organized and effective in providing exceptional guest experiences.
CORE WORK ACTIVITES/RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL DUTIES
Managing Kitchen Logistics and Operations:
- Responsible for the qualifying all orders, performing physical counts and verifying inventory counts, ensures all invoices for food and supplies are entered in a timely manner.
- Plans off-site catering orders, food/beer festivals
- Collaborates with Front of House Managers on in-house events
- Works directly with other company department on joint events, such as Oktoberfest
- Prepares all food used for grassroots and charity events, onsite and offsite
- Coordinates with outside vendors for specific food and supply needs
- Adheres to all standards, policies and procedures
- Ensures billing accuracy when entering invoices
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet business needs
- Responsible for all local and state health code adherence.
- Responsible for training and development of hourly cooks
- Performing weekly price comparisons
- Ensures nobody begins work without proper orientation and paperwork performed
- Keeping up with company emails, checked at least twice a day
- Record accurate waste logs and production sheets
- Record and keep accurate temperature logs and HACCAP logs
Ensuring & Providing Exceptional Customer Service:
- Delivers excellent guest experiences and encourages the same from other employees
- Coordinates and communicates event details both verbally and in writing to other cooks
- Perform line checks at least twice a day to ensure preparation and product quality
- Ensures hourly employees understand expectations and parameters for event activities
- Responsible for achieving budgeted food cost and labor cost
- Maintain daily communication with company employees utilizing all forms of communication including Shift Note
- Reports directly to the General Manager
- Refined verbal and written communication skills
- Must be proficient in general computer knowledge
- Extensive and well-rounded training program
- Continued career development & growth opportunities
- Discount dining and retail program
- Management referral bonus program
- Medical, dental, 401(k), Paid Vacation and more
HOW TO APPLY
Submit the online form on the right. After form submission, you may send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.