2 Silos Brewing Company Description
2 Silos Brewing Co is a unique destination brewery operating on a 30 BBL brewhouse centered on the Farm Brew Live campus located in Prince William County, Virginia. It’s a place where history, agriculture, tourism, live entertainment, & craft beer converge. Our mission is to create incredible world class craft beer & customer experiences parallel to no other. In association with our sister-company Villagio Hospitality Group, 2 Silos Brewing Co strives to become the East Coast’s next regional craft brewery.
Job Category: Production
Location: Prince William County
Job Summary/Goal of the Brewer
The Brewer shall work both independently as well as in a team environment, under the direction of the Head Brewer, for the manufacturing and packaging of superior quality craft beer. This position will provide support and input into the company’s Standard Operation Procedures (SOP) to increase productivity, waste reduction, process utilization, and technical development of brewery personnel. 2 Silos Brewing Co. is a growing company with a small, tight knit group of dedicated individuals that are passionate about beer, food, service, and the experience. Responsibilities will evolve as the company grows but will always maintain the end goal of delivering superior craft beer as efficiently as possible.
Education and Experience
- Must be 21+ years of age or older.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- BS or BA Degree in Brewing Technology, Engineering, Biology, Microbiology, or Food Science is preferred.
- Certification in Brewing Science (eg. Siebels, UC-Davis, ) and Masters of Science in Brewing and Distillation a plus
- 2-4 Years commercial brewing experience or training, or a combination of education and experience required.
- Advanced knowledge of the brewing process required.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of OSHA, TTB, ABC, & FDA regulations regarding manufacturing brewery operations.
Full Time Position that requires working different days of the week. Must be a self-starter. Must possess the following strengths; high energy, entrepreneurial spirit, motivational, effective communicator, innovative and creative while being detail oriented and organized. Candidate must be experienced with commercial brewing equipment, systems, processes, supporting mechanical systems & infrastructure, computers, email and social media. The candidate must able to work independently and be serious about work ethic, even in an informal office atmosphere. Able to embrace changing demands of a dynamic business environment. Must be a team player with a positive, helpful, can-do attitude while working in a fast-paced environment.
CORE WORK ACTIVITES/RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL DUTIES
Brewer is responsible for brewing, cleaning, and keeping the flow of the brewery & brew schedule on track. General duties include but are not limited to:
- Complete brewing process in a safe and efficient manner. Including milling, mashing, lautering, wort boiling, cooling and transferring to Storage vessels.
- Filter, keg, package, & clean kegs as needed.
- Use proper clean-in-place (CIP) procedures to clean and sanitize brewing equipment.
- Assist in and develop unique beer recipes on pilot & production brew houses including recipe scaling.
- Engage in quality assurance activities, projects, and work with Quality Assurance & Lab Technician(s) to ensure products meet quality assurance specifications and standards.
- Aid with yeast propagation following Company’s processes.
- Maintain cleanliness of all areas in the brew house; completion of daily cleaning and maintenance checklists.
- Completion of brew day check lists and data entry.
- Repair brewery equipment with assistance from other employees.
- Pick-up shifts in the taproom (The Pour House) as required.
- Maintaining the use of standard operating procedures unless otherwise instructed.
- Maintain inventory as needed. Report any low levels of inventory to your supervisor when necessary.
- React to an anomaly by developing and executing contingency and alternate plans for resolving problems and communicate as needed to the appropriate personnel.
- Arrive to each shift on time with a positive attitude.
- Perform others duties as assigned and lead work groups or teams as required.
- Able to perform physical work in a loud environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; extreme cold and extreme heat.
- Communicate regularly and efficiently with 2 Silos Brewing Co & Villagio Hospitality Group staff.
- Adapt to changing priorities, meet deadlines and work well under pressure
- Read, analyze, and interpret periodicals, journals, technical procedures and/or government regulations as needed.
- Brewery staff development and supervision.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 55 pounds.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 170 pounds.
- Reports directly to Head Brewer
- Develop, mentor, & supervise Assistant Brewer
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office to include Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint
- Refined verbal and written communication skills
- Must be proficient in general computer knowledge
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks while maintaining standards of operations
- Excellent hospitality skills and professional presentation
- Self-motivated with excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Displays excellent communication skills
- Maintains confidentiality
- Extensive and well-rounded training program
- Continued career development & growth opportunities
- Discount dining and retail program
HOW TO APPLY
Submit the online form on the right. After form submission, you will be prompted to email and attach a resume and cover letter.